Monday, July 18, 2005

"Let your face be happy!"

This is my favorite saying from my wonderful wife, lover and companion. It is her birthday today. To quote her again, "Now, I guess, I'm officially a senior citizen. I don't feel like one." I know, from experience and observation, she's a super mom and gramma. The title of this blog sums up her attitude and advice to me over the years. She has always had a positive approach and outlook. She has always been non-confrontational and peace-making. She became a pro at settling arguments and fights raising our four boys/men now. She recently uncovered research/articles to prove her statement/philosophy. Smiling, even when you might not feel like it, does have a beneficial effect on your whole being, especially your health. She is very healthy...physically and mentally/emotionally. She is my rock when I need it. She reminds me to meditate and exercise as she does.

In the last year or so she has developed a new philosophy and policy. It sounds like a warning...and maybe it is. "Don't get on my "fine-then" list! I have certainly learned not to do that. It goes along the lines..."if mommy's not happy, nobody's happy" and "it's not wise to fool with mother nature" She has the patience of job's wife, especially with me. I've gotten so many warnings I've lost count...especially in the kitchen. She has banned me from it mostly...except for her breakfast in bed this morning. She has her requirements I've learned over the years, 45 now. Wear a shirt. Don't wear a hat unless you have to for the sun or rain and it better be one she's bought you. "Baseball caps make you look like a pin-head." Don't floss anywhere but in the bathroom...but don't clip your nails/fingers and toes in there. Pick up your clothes/shoes and put the seat down. I'm not always successful at all of these and then, for awhile, I get on her "fine-then" list. I don't know how permanent it is yet but, I'd be careful if I were you. Just a word of warning to those reading this...especially certain sons...don't get on her "fine-then" list. Her face may be happy but...look out! What is it? "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

I think she is poised to do something really great, new and even shocking in these next "retirement senior citizen years" Her horoscopes hint at it today. Look out! Mom's not done yet. I can only encourage her...she still keeps me guessing and on my toes. I love her so. Bob

1 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope i'm not one of the aforementioned "certain sons"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home