Thursday, June 09, 2005

Memory Foam

Eureka! Yes, I have found the solution to my memory problems of late. A pillow that will improve my memory. It is called "Novaform Elite" and is synonymous with comfort and value. It is also helpful for sufferers of back and neck pain, snoring, insomnia and stress. No wonder it helps my memory. I'm getting a better quality of REM sleep. I bought it at Costco. It is shaped like a number 8 that has been grabbed and stretched. It is of a higher density than my normal pillows that I have to continually bunch up and scruntch. My tired and sore muscles are rejuvenated these last few mornings. On top of that, it is hypo-allergenic, ultra fresh and has an anti-microbial finish which guards against bacterial odors, mold, mildew and algae. Now if I could just remember where I put my "trust-inducing nasal spray", my "politically-correct underarm deodorant" and my "anti-obsessive/compulsive hemmoroidal salve" I'd be in pretty good shape.

All seriousness asside, it is amazing to me the kinds of products they are coming out with lately. I do now sleep at a 45 degree angle with a pillow that remembers its shape and I have reduced my snoring , G.E.R.D. and therefore, am probably having better sleep ie. which can't hurt my mind and memory. I just heard on the news the other day about a nose spray that studies have proven help people become more trusting. We need some of that here in sales when our buyers don't believe all our wondrous claims about Carina, Beaumont and Pardee. I made up the other two cure-alls. It won't be long though before we'll have some other miracle products making even more ridiculous claims I'm sure.

This is probably the reason why I don't really enjoy staying over night in a "foreign" or hotel bed. Our mattress, my wife tells me, has this same layer of memory foam on top of it. So, with the down comforters and light-weight blankets, I am pretty spoiled. I probably spend more than a third of my life now in this luxurious embrace of orpheus. No doubt this is one of the reasons I'm so rested and full of vim and vigor during my days. I'm sure it also has affected my lack of aging. I seem to be getting younger and healthier each day. Of course, I swim and walk for almost an hour and I have cut down on my food intake especially in the evening...none after 8PM. I have noticed that all the new "food pyramids" or "graphic representations" put veggies, grains and fruit with a higher percent of daily intake. Meat, fats and oils are down in the teens in percent. Meat is also linked with beans as a source of protein. Duh...back in a "former life" when I lived in a cave, I couldn't get meat everyday. However, my lovely cavemate was great at gathering seeds, roots, berries etc. No wonder we lived so long. I think I remember her name even...Wilma. Bob

4 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

I forgot the most devastating and obvious hazard in the kitchen ie. any kind of water or liquid on the floor can cause a very painful slip or fall like the "splits" my wife suffered.
I also think I might've been in the embrace of morpheus not orpheus, I don't know anymore. Once in the loving embrace of Betty, my love of 44 years, I get kind of pleasantly befuddled. Bob

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

Oops! I got my blog entries mixed up. The first half of the last comment about the "splits" was actually meant for the blog entry on safety and should've been posted there. The comment on "morpheus/orpheus" is about "my memory" or lack of it. See, this is what happens when you don't have enough sleep on your "memory foam" and blog in the middle of the night. bob

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

If you want an explanation of the title: Bob! Your Life Preserver. Check out my May Archive and the 1st entry: "What's in a name?" Thanks, Bob

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

Starbucksgirl where have you been? I miss you. I hope you have moved on and gotten that management position you spoke of. All the best to you and your husband. Waldo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home