Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Gaudeamus Igitur?

Is it with "youthful zest" that I come back to this blog after almost two years? Maybe. Someone on "Life Journal" made a comment on one of my previous posts on the subject. This was the title of a song/words I learned in college. Wikipedia says it is a "drinking song". Well, I didn't drink to it then or now. I also remember the "Whiffenpoof Song" which was a drinking song...ie. "We are poor little lamb who have gone astray... Gentlemen (songsters) flyers off on a spree, doomed from here to eternity..." I learned that one in Jr. Hi. I prefer the former.

I will say that a key part of my life work/career has been working with children as a teacher. I just came from subbing in a Kindergarten class or three. I have fun with them ie. sing and play games with dominos. This is the way I have stayed/felt "young". I highly recommend it. I'm not a deep thinker and I think this also helps. I live in the moment most of the time. I meditate. I swim...almost daily. So, I have reason to "rejoice". mobius_bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home