Saturday, August 06, 2005

Animusic

I just got my Special Edition of a "computer animation video album". It is fascinating and mesmerizing to watch and listen to. Brett put me on to it. He's been creating and composing music like this for a long time. It is amazing what can now be done with a computer/synthesizer.

There are seven animations, each with a whole host of animated instruments "playing themselves" Kids would love it. The camera angles from which the shots of the intruments playing are extra creative and alway moving also. You have menu choices which allow you to single out a solo intrument and watch it play and also one that shows you how the animators constructed each "machine" from the "ground" up. It shows the original "artist's drawing" which are quite crude when considering the final products. It is in Dolby Digital 5.1 on widescreen format of 16:9...I don't even know what that means.

There is a sneak peak which features the first movement of Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition" for the sound track. I can hardly wait. This is the kind of "lesson" I would've had in my classroom. Think of the movement, creative writing, art and drama it would've sparked. It would also be calming for right after lunch...with alittle "creative doodling" for free time. Boy, do I miss teaching sometimes. Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home