Sunday, May 06, 2007

2:03:04A.M. on 05/06/07

Are you a numerologist? You'd think I was. Here I am posting a blog on the 4th second of the 3rd minute of the 2nd hour of the 6th day of 5th month of the 7th year in A.D.2000. I must be crazy, or I can't sleep or both. This has to be a very special time for those of us who are bound by time, numerology and blogging. Something special is going to happen today. Actually there is!

I cut a cartoon out of our newspaper the other day. It showed the last words of a guy standing before a firing squad, "Can I put one last entry in my blog about this?" That's me. Who knows? He who lives by the blog may die by the blog. The blogging gods surely know that I have tried to keep it clean and healthy and apolitical and nonreligious. But sometimes secret pet peeves do creep out. My apologies again to all. If you go back to my original post back in May of '05 you would see that my motivation back then was: 1. To "preserver" my memories and life. This is quite similar to what my mother did in her last few years with a written journal. We still have it. I have just taken it a step or two further by publishing it on the internet for everyone to ignore. 2. To make observations about events and things that are still important and interesting to me as I age. 3. To exercise my "gray matter" in these regards. 4. To provide "advice" about "self preservation" to those who might read ie. my loved ones especially my four sons.(two of whom don't have access to a computer). 5. To provide therapy for me as writing always has. 6. To "bob" like a life saver in a storm.

A true numerologist would "cast out nines" with the above time/date numbers. So...2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 = 27 and 2 + 7 = 9 which you "cast out" gives you 0. This is how you can check your work in basic math. I'm sure "9" has some magical significance also...something mythical perhaps. All I know is this is the first time in a long time that everyone in our family appears to be "healthy and "happy"...so we are. There is this old wive's tale that says, "You can only be as "happy" as your least "happy" child. Well, all our children are grown men and we don't even want to make our happiness dependent on theirs. Their "good fortune" or the opposite waxes and wanes and we just like to think we "bob" along and float with it all. (hence the name of this blog) It is also advice to me, "Bob!...as a life preserver." Go with the flow, the ups and downs of day to day living.

Blogging can also be part of an almost daily "mantra", a comforting, self-speech that reassures you and allows you to work through things...working thoughts into writing. To me it is alot like a "cat's purr". Purring has been described as a low, continuous, rattling hum of domesticated cats and other feline species. It can be interpreted as an expression of pleasure or contentment. Purring also occurs in cats that are injured and in pain. It is mostly a relaxing, self-comforting sound (writing) and a mood conveying signal. Cats can and will purr without stroking or petting but here again, blogging sort of accomplishes that too doesn't it? Bob!

4 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

Brett, our 2nd son is visiting from Az. and Trevor, our 3rd son and his two kids are also visiting. Lots of fun...flying kites, hall ball, masque theatre, crafts and lots of reminising. Bob!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Trevor said...

Aha! You could have posted this at one twenty three and four seconds am or pm.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

You are so right Trev. Why didn't I think of that? I'm going to be gone on 07/07/07, as you know. Could you possibly post for me at 7:07:07 A.M.or P.M.on that date and time? I'm sure it will be a lucky day for you if you do. Dad!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

Ya know, I've been thinking about it...23 is not the same as 2 + 3...so, as a mythical numerologist, I beg to differ with the 1:23:04 5/6/07 gambit. Bob!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home