Saturday, May 14, 2005

What's In A Name?

BOB! Yes, that's my name. It is a palindrome. It is "life saving" because it is what you might yell if someone is drowning. It is also recommended when boxing. It has become a humorous name in many TV commercials. For this reason my wife said she would like to start calling me "Rob". This could have double meaning also. My parents called me "Bobby" and I got to hate it. I then wanted "Robert" but no one would cooperate and call me that. I've never wanted "Robbie" or "Rober". I ask Spanish speakers to call me "Beto". They laugh. Bill Murray had a great movie persona in "Bob"...baby steps...it was so funny. Sometimes, when I have to put on a name tag, I print the first B backwards so it looks like I am really kind of nuts.

Anyway...The purposes of this blog are not just for the mental ramblings of an old teacher (retired) and a new real estate salesman, ie. his vast wisdom and wit gained from 43 years experience but, as the name states, A Life Preserver for me primarily and my sons and grandchildren if they should happen to read this someday. I have found over the years that writing stuff out helps define it better and "gets it out of my system". It also is a system for releaving stress/pressure when something is bothering me. When I was "called on the carpet" by my boss say from a parent complaint, I used to write everything down on the spot. It helped alot. I also have something I have been working on for years that is still bugging me. This may be just the remedy for that too. So...if you are interested in any of this...stayed tuned...check out this blog from time to time...and maybe, together, we'll preserve My Life and someone else's. My motto still remains,"El que da, recibe!" El que ensene, aprende!" I still want to give and learn. Bob

3 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

My original plan was to put pictures in the blog starting here. The theme of the blog is obviously, "Life Preserving" mine and my readers. So, the pictures will be examples of life savers ie. I have the first few in the computer, I just don't know how to get them on to the blog. I've asked my son Trevor. He said he would help next time he comes out for a visit. He can take over my computer from his, but it is too long of a process and has some uncertainty. OK? Bob

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

The Bill Murray movie I am referring to is "What About Bob?" In it he drives Richard Dreyvus's character, a psychiatrist, crazy.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger BOB! Your Life Preserver said...

SOS would be the opposite of BOB. I think. Palindromic but wanting help. "BOB" means "I can make it myself!" Yes, there will be ups and downs but, let me become more self sufficient. OK? Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home